Thursday, February 18, 2010

Causes of Chest Pain? Test came back that heart and lungs are clear, what else could it be? any advice? Help!?

This is actually about my father. My father, 56, has had numerous test done lately by a few different Doctor's because of the pain he has in his chest. He has had this chest pain for about a month or so, he has had his lungs tested, heart tested, they checked his blood (small tube with camera inserted through a large vein in his lower abdomen to check his blood flow to his heart and other parts of his body) and a MRI of his chest and neck. His test he had for his lungs came back clear today, the test he had for his heart came back good (they saw a small heart mermir but he has had that for years, and they have said its not problem), they did notice a lump in his neck that is not visible on the outside and they checked it out, it came back that it is nothing bad, nothing to worry about. They said whatever that lump is it belongs there, its nothing that needs to be removed or operated on, and its not the cause of pain in his chest.





How is it that all his test came back ok but he still has really bad chest pain that it hurts to clear his throat? does all this make sense?


I am not a Doctor but I know that something is not right, pain is caused by something. Are the Doctor's missing something or is there really nothing seriously wrong? Could the chest pain be brought on by Stress? I am sure it can but having pain every day, all day for the past month and half, my father has a lot of stress on his shoulders but not to be causing pain everyday, there must be something wrong.





Not to mention that my dad is one who never gets sick, he might catch a cold once a year if that much, but it last for a day or two. Its amazing how healthy my dad is, even though he is a smoker. He is 56 but they told him he has the lungs of a 19 year old, how that is possible with him being a smoker I dont know. lol. It just doesn't sit right with me that my dad who never gets sick, never misses a day of work, is going through all this pain and they can not find anything wrong or anything that is causing the pain. I know my father, if he is in pain as he says he is and shows he is, that means the pain must be really really bad.





I need some help, some guidance, I want to speak with my father about this and hopefully have some helpful information to share with him. Help guide him in the right direction, I can't see anything happen to my father, I just lost my grandmother about 2 months ago and I can't sit here and see my dad go through all this pain.





If anybody has any helpful information, I would appreciate it, even if you point me in the right direction, any information would be helpful. I want to take in to get a second opinion but I want to have some documents to take with me to speak to the doctor about as possible causes of the pain.





Thanks for listening, thanks for reading, thanks for caring.





God Bless, and God Speed!!!Causes of Chest Pain? Test came back that heart and lungs are clear, what else could it be? any advice? Help!?
acid reflux? don't eat late.

No comments:

Post a Comment